British military forces have begun training Ukrainian soldiers in a new program aimed to help ensure victory in their fight against Russia.
This article by Anna MacSwan, writing for The Guardian, makes the following points:
- Up to 10,000 Ukrainian soldiers will arrive in the UK for specialist military training lasting several weeks.
- Defence Secretary, Ben Wallace, described the programme as the next phase of Britain’s support to the Ukrainian army.
- The training will give volunteer recruits with little or no military experience the skills to be effective in frontline combat.
- The training is based on the UK’s basic soldier training course.
- Ukraine is losing up to 200 soldiers daily, meaning that training reinforcements away from the threat of Russian attacks is critical to the country’s war effort.
Source: Guardian The