BLUFThis article looks at six historic Pacific WW2 sites.
Arthur Grainger writing in the Collector, notes the following points:
- Pearl Harbour: Two battleship wrecks and numerous aircraft remain underwater.
- Kokoda Trail: Visible reminders, including helmets, guns, and ammunition, remain.
- Coastal Defences: Includes Wake Island
- Tinian Island: The B29 aircraft launch site for the atomic bombing of Japan.
- MILITARY HISTORY: INDEX of PAGES AND COLLECTIONS ON THE RAAF RUNWAY
- Dec 2021 ‘Call Me Dog Tag Man’: Pacific Island Is Full of War Relics and Human Remains-New York Times
- Solomon Islands Secrets: WWII Relics to Explore-Solomon Airlines
Source Information: The.Collector
- Article Source: https://www.thecollector.com/
- Media Check: About us: TheCollector
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |