BLUFAll great leaders are also great followers.
- Followership:** Effective and courageous followers use professional dissent to challenge their leaders' decisions.
- Responsibility of Followers:** Followers have the duty to express alternate views, shaping ethical and professional behavior.
- Need for Followership Training:** LTCOL Paul Berg advocates for the inclusion of followership training in the PME continuum.
- Applicability:** Lessons and theories about followership are applicable in different military contexts, including the Australian Air Force.
- New Generation of Combat Capabilities:** The transition to new combat capabilities is accompanied by a new generation of followers.
- Operational Challenges:** Followers face novel operational and tactical challenges in supporting leaders and the mission.
- Professional Dissent:** Followers should feel confident to express respectful, professional dissent.
- Leaders' Responsibility:** Leaders should foster conditions for subordinates to challenge their ideas.