BLUFThe G7: US, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the UK, will try to reduce China's ability to 'steamroll' other nations economically—it aims to ensure trade alliances meet 'high international trade standards.'
Zaini Majeed writing in Republic World makes the following points:
- Trade has to take into account social or humanitarian standards.
- Germany aims to persuade the European Union to establish “a more robust trade policy toward China ‘and respond to Chinese economic protection.
- Ukraine attended the meeting as a guest.
- Germany supports rebuilding Ukrainian towns and cities sustainably.
- Germany is holding an international reconstruction conference for Ukraine
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- How Beijing’s belligerence over Taiwan is connected to a Belt and Road Initiative in distress - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- As U.S. eyes new China chip curbs, turmoil looms for global market - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Government commits $240 million to critical minerals projects in mission to end Australia's reliance on China - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- JUN 2022 G7 summit: Leaders detail $600bn plan to rival China's Belt and Road initiative –BBC News
- JUN 2022 Leaders at the G7 summit pledge to continue supporting Ukraine for 'as long as it takes' in the fight against Russia-ABC news
- G7 Germany 2022
Source Information: Republic World
- Article Source: Read Latest News, News Today, Breaking News, India News and Current News on Politics, Bollywood and Sports. (republicworld.com)
- Media Check: Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)/ Republic World
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)