BLUFIn this Article for ABC Australia, Bran Ridouttt notes that diet trends come and go, but no matter which diet you choose, it is still essential to make sure that you are getting the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients you need.
Brad Ridoutt, makes the following points:
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics publishes tables showing the usual intake of selected nutrients across the population.
- Most Australian adults generally get enough nutrients regardless of their diets.
- Inadequate intake of calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and zinc does occur.
- Inadequate zinc intake is most prevalent among Australian men; more than half over 50 consume below-recommended levels.
- The Australian Dietary Guidelines show we need to eat various foods to stay healthy.
- We should pay particular attention to foods containing nutrients.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- MAR 2021 3 Simple Rules for a Better Diet—GQ
- JUL 2021 On a budget? You can still eat well—here are 4 tips to reduce your food costs—CNBC
- SEP 2021 Eating well for a healthy headspace--Headspace