Today’s digital-age leaders require a whole new skill-set to motivate and inspire others amid the transitions and uncertainties of a rapidly changing digital landscape.
- Leaders need to provide their teams with the tools to make autonomous decisions.
- Build deep connections with your team virtually. With the advent of remote work, leaders need to find a way to be engaging.
- Provide direction and purpose. Cox advises building a clear and inclusive vision.
- Encourage involvement and accountability.
- Motivate and inspire. Cox is a firm believer in the power of promoting others.
- Show others the way forward.
- Team members should learn to accept competent and knowledgeable leaders (followership*).
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source Information Forbes: