BLUFThis opinion piece argues that 'The West’ is equally concerned about India’s rise as it is with China’s, despite India being a democracy and a national temperament that should make it a natural ally of the west.
Utpal Kumar writing in First Post, makes the following points:
- Nehru the first Indian Prime Minister, adopted an anti-American stance that shaped India's foreign policy f.
- Some Indians are critical of the West for a lack of support against Chinese incursions in the Himalayas in 2020.
- American media is anti-India.
- As the Indian economy grows (and Chinese growth slows), India might not need America for its survival.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- India's Modi assails Putin over Ukraine war | Reuters
- Can Modi’s India be an Ally of the West? - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- AUKUS can strengthen India’s strategic autonomy- The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- India-Australia security relations: They’ve only just begun- The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- SEP 2022 India's Modi publicly chides Putin over Russia's war with Ukraine-CBC
- SEP 2022 Ukraine crisis: Russian oil turns to Asia-BBC News
- U.S.-India Relations 1947 – 2020- Council on Foreign Relations
Source Information: First Post
- Article Source: LIVE updates, Latest News, Breaking News, Bollywood, Business and Political News – Firstpost
- Media Check: Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)/ FirstPost
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, DIRECTIONS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- LINKS TO PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (PME) WEB PAGES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)