BLUFTraumas are often too humiliating and vulnerable for people to share with their partners. Left unexplored and untreated, traumas can adversely affect even the best relationships.
This article shares eight steps to help identify trauma and how partners can work together to transform it:
- Pay attention to thoughts or feelings that are focused at your partner.
- Ask your partner to give you a minute to reflect.
- What did your partner say or do that might have triggered your trauma?
- Try to think of the ways your partner is different from those who hurt you.
- Admit to your partner you are aware something deeper is happening to you.
- Can you trust your partner to share what happened to you?
- Ask what you need from your partner.
- Recognize that your trauma is a signal you have not adequately healed.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- MAR 2021 How to let go of the past—Medical News Today
- NOV 2021 Why Some People Dump Their Traumas on Us—Psychology Today
- JAN 2022 How to Let Go of the Past—Very Well Health