BLUFNovavax is now available for Australians aged 18 and over, and authorities are hoping it will provide the incentive some people need to get vaccinated.
This article by Olivia Willis, writing for ABC-Australia, makes the following points:
- Novavax is a protein-based vaccine that can be used as a first and second dose.
- The Novavax jab is produced by genetic engineering and grown in moth cells.
- Unlike mRNA vaccines, which contain genetic material telling your body how to make the spike protein, the Novavax vaccine contains the actual spike protein itself.
- Almost 95 per cent of Australians aged 16 and older have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Authorities hope the introduction of Novavax will encourage those holding out to finally come forward.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Why do COVID-19 breakthrough infections occur? | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Why are my lymph nodes swollen and sore after a Pfizer or Moderna COVID booster vaccine? | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- DEC 2021 As Omicron COVID cases continue to surge, the race is on to find a variant-proof vaccine—ABC Australia
- FEB 2022 The vaccine anti-vaxxers have been waiting for! Novavax vaccine FINALLY made available in Australia - here's how YOU can get it—Daily Mail