Fast-track authority for Ukraine arms, will be used to supply critical defense stockpiles, multi-domain awareness, anti-armour, and air-defense capabilities to Taiwan. Biden can use up to $1bn from US inventory.
- Weapons and support equipment from existing stockpiles will be supplied using Presidential Drawdown Authority, bypassing lengthy processes.
- Additional funding for equipment replacement will be sought later.
- A US$19 billion backlog in approved armaments for Taiwan remains undelivered.
- The Biden administration reaffirms commitment to support Taiwan's self-defence.
- US officials don't see an imminent Chinese invasion of Taiwan.