The second of a three part series from US Defense News about AUKUS and the US Submarine industry.
- Australia to upgrade HMAS Stirling by 2027.
- U.S. to sell Australia 3-5 Virginia-class subs.
- U.S. invested $2.3 billion, adding $1.6 billion more.
- Australia to make parts for AUKUS nuclear subs.
- SSN-AUKUS design ready next year; boats in 15 years.
- Propulsion blends British and American tech.
- Most weapon systems are American-made.
- U.K. starts production this decade; Australia follows.
- U.K.'s pace to guide Australia.
- Lawmaker issues remain.