BLUFThe third of a three part series from US Defense News about AUKUS and the US Submarine industry.
- The U.S. Navy will:
- Aim for timely submarine delivery by 2028.
- Expand the attack submarine fleet in the 2030s.
- Allocate $6.3 billion for submarine-industrial support.
- Invest $2.3 billion in two shipbuilders and their suppliers.
- Emphasize the revival of domestic manufacturing.
- Boost infrastructure for General Dynamics and Newport News Shipbuilding.
- Shift production hours to other locations.
- Address challenges in recruiting and retaining skilled workers.
- Invest in advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Use data analytics to evaluate the impacts of investments.
- See: SUBMARINES & AUKUS—01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Media Check: Defense News - Media Bias Fact Check (HIGH CREDIBILITY)
- Collections | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- ADDITIONAL READING RAAF RUNWAY (PME)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC