BLUFAustralia Defence Minister Marles has said that he wants Japan to join AUKUS, which could lead to better defence industry integration between Japan, the UK, USA and Australia.
Stephen Dziedzic and James Oaten, writing in ABC News, make the following points:
- Japanese F-35 fighter jets might rotate through Australia in the future.
- Australian F-35s will participate in exercises in Japan in 2023.
- Japan participating in Exercise Talisman Sabre is under consideration.
- The Joint Declaration on Security Cooperation and the Reciprocal Access Agreement take the partnership to a new level.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- G7 Nations To Take Tougher Stand On Trade With Beijing; ‘Naivety Toward China Is Over’- The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Deeper Australia–Japan defence ties send strong message to China - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- Article Source: ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Media Check: ABC News Australia - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, DIRECTIONS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |